Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting back in the flow of things

I had a lovely long winter break from teaching but started back this past week. Now I have stacks of stuff to read, emails to answer, papers to write, classes to plan. And there is this side of me that just wants to lie down and put a rag on my forehead.  And another side of me that actually likes all this activity! Balance.  Moderation. Not words that I embrace much. But so important. I guess one way to get more balance and moderation in my life is to try to focus only on what is in front of me. Instead of thinking about a million things at a time. Women are known for their ability to multi-task.. and I am the queen of multitasking! But the curse of that ability is that I feel like I am always in a whirlwind. And frankly its exhausting. So I am trying something new.... just for today. I am going to try to do ONE THING AT A TIME.  Scary. But for me - I need to do this for my sanity and for my family's sanity. We will see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment